John Barratt is a leading authority on the Royalist Armies in the Civil War. Author of over a dozen books on the subject, including Cavaliers the first detailed study of the Royalist forces, and a nuber of campain histories. His latest books with Helion include Rabble of Gentility the story of the Northern Horse, and The Last Battle: The Stow on the Wold Campaign. He lectures regularly on historical subjects and lives in the Welsh Marches, an area rich in history!
- Cavalier Capital : Oxford in the English Civil War 1642-1646 Author
- The King's Irish : The Royalist Anglo-Irish Foot Of The English Civil War Author
- The Last Army : The Battle of Stow-on-the-Wold and the End of the Civil War in the Welsh Marches 1646 Author
- A Rabble of Gentility : The Royalist Northern Horse, 1644-45 Author
- Better Begging than Fighting : The Royalist Army in Exile in the War against Cromwell 1656-1660 Author