Evan McGilvray has written a number of books on Poland as well as biographies. He is well versed in Poland and Polish society and away from the usual Krakow and Warsaw ‘hothouses’ of middle-class elites who actually know little about their compatriots. Evan McGilvray is now in the process of following up this work with another provisionally entitled ‘How to Explain Stupid – or Western Democracy Today’. Evan McGilvray was born in Winchester in 1961 and is a graduate of the School of Slavonic and East European Studies at UCL. He lived in Poland between 1991 and 1994 and visits often.
- Red Trojan Horse : The Berling Army and the Soviet Annexation of Poland 1943-45 Author
- Narvik and the Allies : The Polish Brigade at Narvik 1940 Author
- Days of Adversity : The Warsaw Uprising 1944 Author
- Man of Steel and Honour: General Stanislaw Maczek : Soldier of Poland, Commander of the 1st Polish Armoured Division In North-West Europe 1944-45 Author
- A Military Government in Exile : The Polish Government in Exile 1939-1945: A Study of Discontent Author
- The Black Devils' March - A Doomed Odyssey : The 1st Polish Armoured Division 1939-45 Author