Bruno Mugnai was born in Florence in 1962 and still lives there with Silvia. Active for years as a divulger of history and illustrator, he has published several titles for publishers such as the Historical Office of the Italian Army and Helion & Company in the UK, concerning the periods and geographical areas of his interest: the ancient Italian states, central and eastern Europe in the 16th, 17th, and 18th centuries, and South America after the conquest. As an illustrator, he collaborates with important Italian and foreign specialists and with the Stibbert Museum of Florence. Bruno is a Rugby Football Union enthusiast, who still trusts in the Italian Grand Slam in the Six Nations Tournament.
- Wars and Soldiers in the Early Reign of Louis XIV Volume 4 : The Armies of Spain and Portugal 1660-1687 Author
- Wars and Soldiers in the Early Reign of Louis XIV Volume 3 : The Armies of the Ottoman Empire 1645-1718 Author
- Wars and Soldiers in the Early Reign of Louis XIV Volume 2 : The Imperial Army 1657-1687 Author
- Wars and Soldiers in the Early Reign of Louis XIV Volume 1 : The Army of the United Provinces of the Netherlands 1660-1687 Author
- The Cretan War (1645-1671) : The Venetian-Ottoman Struggle in the Mediterranean Author