Michael LoCicero is an independent scholar and Helion & Company commissioning editor. Having earned a PhD from the University of Birmingham in 2011, he was previously employed as a contracted researcher at the National Archives, Kew and the Soldiers of Oxfordshire Trust. His publications include a contributory chapter on Brigadier-General Edward Bulfin in the highly regarded Spencer Jones (ed.) Stemming the Tide: Officers and Leadership of the British Expeditionary Force 1914 (2013); a contributory chapter chronicling the forgotten battle of International Trench in Spencer Jones (ed.), Courage Without Glory: The British Army on the Western Front 1915 (2015); a contributory chapter analysis of a large-scale German trench raid at La Boisselle in Spencer Jones (ed.), At All Costs: The British Army on the Western Front 1916 (2018); the co-edited Gallipoli: New Perspectives on the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force, 1915-16 in which he also contributed a chapter on the Krithia Nullah operations of November-December 1915, and the co-edited Catholic General: The Private Wartime Correspondence of Major-General Sir Cecil Edward Pereira, 1914-19 (2020).
- A Moonlight Massacre : The Night Operation on the Passchendaele Ridge, 2 December 1917. The Forgotten Last Act of the Third Battle of Ypres Author
- Catholic General : The Private Wartime Correspondence of Major-General Sir Cecil Edward Pereira, 1914-19 Editor
- Gallipoli : New Perspectives on the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force, 1915-16 Editor
- Two Sides of the Same Bad Penny : Gallipoli and the Western Front, A Comparison Editor
- A Military Transformed? : Adaptation and Innovation in the British Military 1792-1945 Editor
- We Are All Flourishing : The Letters and Diary of Captain Walter J J Coats MC 1914-1919 Editor