David Francois, from France, earned his PhD in Contemporary History at the University of Burgundy and specialised in studying militant communism, its military history and the relationship between politics and violence in contemporary history. In 2009, he co-authored the Guide des archives de l’Internationale communiste published by the French National Archives and the Maison des sciences de l’Homme in Dijon. He regularly contributes articles for various French military history magazines and is a regular contributor to the French history website L’autre côté de la colline.
- Brigatta Rossa : Far-left Guerillas in Italy, 1970-1988 Author
- Operation Danube : Soviet and Warsaw Pact Intervention in Czechoslovakia, 1968 Author
- Nicaragua 1961-1990 Volume 2 : The Contra War Author
- Nicaragua 1961-1990 Volume 1 : The Downfall of the Somosa Dictatorship Author
- Chile 1973 : The Other 9-11 The Downfall of Salvador Allende Author