Publish your book with Helion!
Helion & Company has been established for 25 years, producing over 1,200 titles, and with an enviable track record for outstanding content, quality and the highly productive relationships we maintain with our authors and customers. We are now making our extensive experience open to anyone who may be interested in self-publishing their work with us - not just history or military history!
We offer a bespoke service for people looking to self-publish. Our services encompass the following:
- Editorial and copyediting
- Drawing of diagrams, charts etc
- Retouching and improvement of images
- Design and layout, including cover design
- Digital publishing (i.e. eBooks)
- Retailing and trade distribution
- Packages start from £2,500 from manuscript to print
Flexibility and cost-effectiveness are key considerations when we work with clients. Thanks to our experience and the breadth of our contacts across the publishing industry we can make available an extremely wide range of book specifications. The following are just some of the options we offer:
- Binding: pretty much anything you can imagine and maybe more, from hardback (including dustjackets, printed paper cases or cloth binding with/without designs stamped on the boards), to paperback (including with flaps), through to eBooks.
- Black and white versus colour print: we are able to offer all-mono books through to all-colour. Technology has moved on apace in recent years, and all-colour work is now more cost-effective than was previously the case.
- Paper: depending on the project we will normally make a recommendation on paper type, but typically use a range of gloss, matt or silk papers.
- Printing: we like to work with runs from 50 copies upwards, and have a range of options to suit short-run/ on demand printing through to longer runs.
- Digital publishing: we can offer straight-to-e-book options, or produce digital editions alongside your printed books.
Why Choose Helion
Above all, our aim is to always offer a personal service, making the process clear-cut and matching our services with your needs. We have over 25 years' experience in publishing in excess of a thousand books, from bestsellers to extremely niche specialist works, all of which have received our customary attention to detail and personal service. We are honest and clear communicators, and will utilise our passion for books to help you publish your work. But don't just take our word for it!
"On three occasions in the last few years I have had the pleasure of working with Duncan Rogers and his team at Helion to bring books commissioned by third parties and written by me from typescript to publication. On each occasion the process has been professional, painless and cost-effective, and I have had the benefit of some very sound advice along the way, including strategies for controlling costs. The commissioning parties have also been extremely pleased with the results. I would certainly use Helion again and recommend them to others."
"I have been working with Helion for upwards of a dozen years, in the course of which they have published a number of my books. I have found the experience of working with them to be extremely rewarding. They have invariably been supportive and encouraging, and I have been very pleased with the books upon publication. One of the most helpful aspects of the relationship has been the fruitful discussion of future projects. I can unhesitatingly recommend Helion to any author contemplating their services."
"In 2016 I met Duncan Rogers for the first time when he agreed to publish my first book on a WWI officer and his war horse. As a rank amateur, I was most grateful to be assisted by Duncan and his very professional staff from start to finish. Four years later, Helion have just published my second book about an intelligence officer in Burma during WWII. Again, I was helped with professionalism, efficiency, kindness and courtesy from the long-suffering editor, the designer and the type-setter, all of whom I am most grateful to."
Contact Duncan Rogers now to start your journey to publication; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!